7. ESOL and differentiation
In this module we look at how you can help all your learners get the most out of their learning.
The Professional Development resources available are
- Differentiation: an overview (interactive online activity) – What differentiation is, why you should do it and ways to differentiate in the EMW classroom.
- EMW and differentiation (leaflet) – some questions and tasks to undertake about how to differentiate.
- Extending your CPD (leaflet) –further information about how to improve your knowledge of differentiation.
- Differentiation in practice (interactive online activity) – techniques and tips about how to differentiate.
- Diagnostic assessment and differentiation – a bitesize CPD video explaining how diagnostic assessment results should inform differentiation.
- Differentiation – a bitesize CPD video giving practical tips on differentiation from English My Way teachers.
It is recommended that you do the units together with colleagues so you can reflect and discuss the ideas together.Further information
Tomlinson, C. (2001). How to differentiate instruction in mixed-ability classrooms. 2nd ed. Alexandria, VA. Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development