1. The English My Way Programme
This module focuses on how to use English My Way and offers support for teachers, volunteers and administrators. The Professional Development resources available are:
- Teacher Guidance: 1. Introduction (booklet) – explains some of the issues when teaching beginner ESOL learners with low or no literacy and approaches used in English My Way
- Teacher Guidance: 2. Literacy (booklet) – focusses on reading and writing skills
- Teacher Guidance: 3. Speaking, listening and more (booklet) – focusses on activities to get learners speaking and listening
- Delivery Infographic (table) – graphic representation of English My Way
- Delivery Guide (leaflet) – explains learners’ journey through the programme
- Choosing aims and objectives (bitesize CPD video) – help with planning sessions and setting objectives.
- Sample Plan (PDF) – a model lesson plan to support teachers in session planning.
- Sample Plan Template (Word document) – can be used to plan lessons
- English My Way Syllabus – designed for beginner ESOL learners. It covers some of the grammar, skills and activities covered in English My Way, but also develops and extends the programme
- Participatory approaches (leaflet) – explains the approach of English My Way
- Learners' lives (bitesize CPD video) – help to relate your teaching to learners’ lives
- Making the most of resources (bitesize CPD video) – help to get the most out of resources
- English My Way Youtube playlist – watch videos to support teachers and volunteers
It is recommended that you do the units together with colleagues so you can reflect and discuss the ideas together. If you have any other questions about practical aspects of running English My Way courses, you can either contact your regional hub or contact Tinder Foundation at ‘help@EnglishMyWay.co.uk’.